This listing includes groups and individuals that have come out against using anti-bullying teaching/curricula in schools. School districts that have failed to respond to bullying complains are also listed.
- Focus on the Family’s TrueTolerance.org. “Concerned about homosexual advocacy in your child’s school? You’ve come to the right place. TrueTolerance.org helps you respond in a loving and fact-based way. Click the links below for tips on communicating with your school officials.”
- In Colorado, GOP Senate candidate Ken Buck lends authority to the perception of homosexuality as a choice and a disease. Fuel for anyone who wants justification for harassing gay people.
- The Minnesota Family Council: against anti-bullying curriculum in schools; claims that LGBT students who kill themselves because of bullying did it to themselves because of an “unhealthy lifestyle.” You can email the Minnesota Family Council at email@example.com. Here is the spokesman for the Council speaking on Anderson Cooper.
- Also in Minnesota, the Parents Action League apparently would rather see children die than see them be safe and treated kindly. You can contact the Parents Action League here.
- In New York, Republican gubernatorial candidate Carl P. Paladino calls for children not to be “brainwashed” into thinking that homosexuality is OK, and states that “That’s not how God created us.”
- In Ohio, the Mentor district, where four children have committed suicide because of bullying, two families are suing the district, and the district refuses to comment or to provide information about its anti-bullying policies.
- In Texas, the Alief ISD (Houston) sues an autism family for filing for due process.