Strategies for protecting your child
- From HealthyChildren.org: Bullying-It’s not OK with tips and bullet points for parents to use as guides for querying their children, when bullying happens, and steps to take
- From KidsHealth.org, “Dealing with Bullying“
- From the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry; includes a list of possible steps to take when your child is bullied
- The “Stop Bullying Now” website, which promises “research-based” strategies to reduce bullying in schools
- The National Crime Prevention Council offers a lot of good information, broken down into pages addressing specific topics, including “What Parents Can Do” and some “Advice for Kids” from McGruff, the dog.
- Tips for dealing with cyberbullying from Common Sense Media.
- Tips for parents from the Legacy Project.
- CNN’s listing of anti-bullying resources for parents and teachers.
If someone says your child is a bully
- From Dr. Michele Borba: Signs of a bully
From other parents